Thursday, April 12, 2012

It has been a very productive day (art-wise)

I asked for a day off so I can attend the late night art session as well.


We had a new model posing for us and her poses are quite challenging... at least for me who is pretty new in this life drawing gig.

This week, we just did more gesture drawings in 1-, 2-, and -5 minute settings.


Two-minute drawings
 



5-minute drawings





I should've posted one-minute drawings too. Oh well.

Looking at my sketches, I still have waaaaaaaays to go.


After the class ended at 4:40pm, went out to eat real quick and come back to get my favorite spot and just chilled for a bit.





And then we started off with a new model as well for this one. There were 13 students and 2 industry professional and recent graduates in attendance. We started at 6PM for the second session or "sesh" as my instructor puts it.


2-minute poses


5-minute poses

was experimenting with shading with this one



And then the model changed to a more frilly outfit wearing a nightie.

One-minute poses

Eight-minute poses

 By this time my right shoulder were pretty much tired that I had to use my elbow/wrists just to finish the last couple 10-minute poses.
Man, that lying down pose with frilly clothing kicked my ass pretty bad. Need more practice than ever.



Checking other people's portfolio drawings. My instructor/school's art director (standing) giving out a few pointers.


Now, if this was an RPG game, I think I gained a few levels (or at least, new skillsets or something). It was a good art session, but that got me tired as heck... but it's a "good" tired I suppose :D

Now, I have to tackle my other class assignments tomorrow morning: (Sociology report, Game Development publisher proposals and that dang Math homework).


No comments:

Post a Comment