Sunday, April 22, 2012

I need to stop procrastinating when it comes to my assignments, geez.

Anyways, made some sketches last Friday using discarded wine boxes.

I'm practicing drawing with my shoulder using an 8" x 12" size surface (or at least that's what I think about these cardboards).


Tried to recreate that model from last week with one of his poses. I need to learn the placement of his abdominal muscles better. And yes, work on the anatomy size of the legs, that's one of my weaknesses too.



Drew a close-up feature of a face using just the shoulder... pain in the butt but I'm getting the hang of it, hehe.

 Shadow study of a face, with one single light source coming from the right side of his face. Need to study the facial surfaces even more.


And the last one, I was just trying to see if I can do an illustration using black shades as highlights and see if I can convey some sense of feeling in this particular drawing. 

Heck, I even  made a backstory that came out of my ass: I pretty much named kingdoms and units with the first thing that came to my head, er, ass.

  
 "King Valygar, who used to be known as "the Gentle King", was betrayed by his allies 10 years ago. Left for dead in the desert of Amun in the Outer Territories, he was rescued by a band of nomads and nursed back to health.

In ten years, he was able to unite the scattered war tribes and small fiefdoms in the Outer Territories and transform it into one of the most powerful kingdoms rivalling the Ch
urch-backed Holy Atlandia Empire, the war-like Terminus Dominion, the merchant-led Delitas Federation and even his former kingdom--now renamed as the Perseus Alliance.

The Outer Territories, now called the Ares Protectorate has met it's first obstacle: facing off with the 80,000-strong army of the Delitas Federation. Leading the Federation army is his former friend, Marshall Longinus and his personal (and deadly) battalion of Elysian Longbowmen.


His army, the 17,000- strong Outland Legion are composed of the elite the Protectorate can offer: the Hastati Knights, the Triarii Skirmishers and the Principes Longbow Archers to name a few.
"

Yea, I know. It's a mixed lot of historical units, myths and video game characters. Come to think of it, I do like that backstory. I'm thinking of adding at least one or two "Valygar Chronicles" whenever I sketch just to keep my enthusiasm up.

Maybe it will rub off on my homework habits too.

No comments:

Post a Comment