Friday, August 3, 2012

The last two weeks has been hectic, now I'm catching up in order to make the midterm grade... should be able to finish and be up-to-date at everything by next week.

Anyways,

from the last, last Tuesday's night session (July 24th), with a new model named "M".





Wasn't really feeling well that night and was thinking of leaving early so I can go home and just lie down. I wasn't sick or anything it's just that the events that week pretty much left me emotionally drained. But I resisted the urge to leave so I sucked it up and continued sketching until it was time to go. I'm so glad that I decided to stay that night.

My speed is improving when I do the gestures. Now I need to learn further anatomy and light studies.

Ken and his... EXPLODING BRAIN!!!


This was a 10-minute pencil sketch while we were having our animation class last Saturday. Ken, our animation instructor told us that while us students gets to have a week's worth of vacation after this quarter (which ends in the last week of September), them instructors have to stay a good portion of that week in school so he can "watch his brain explode".

He was just being funny of course, but the second I heard that last line, my hands just started moving and things just seems to just come to life with each stroke. It's like:

Ear: ("heard the exploding brain" line)
Hands: (started sketches Ken's outline)
Brain: "Oooh... make it look like a 1950's Sci-Fi movie poster!"
Everything else: "Fuck yeah! That's a good idea!" (high fives all over)

No comments:

Post a Comment