Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I've been resisting the urge these past two weeks to just sit down and just sketch my ass off.

The hunger to become a better illustrator is is getting stronger and stronger everyday.

And no, despite my inability to consistently log my entries into my blog, I've been going to at least THREE art sessions every fucking week: the first one is the beginning Life Drawing session, the second, is the Advanced Life Drawing session and the third one is the nightly Wednesday sessions.

Heck, my Art Director (which is the instructor as well) started including me in his class as if I'm enrolled in that subject, hah.

In the Art Institute, there's at least 5 illustration subjects that Animation/Game Arts Student that has to take. The first one is Perspective class, followed by Observational Drawing. And then, we have to finish Life Drawing (which I passed just last quarter). The next art class that I will take this October will be the Anatomy class. And then, the final one is the Advanced Life Drawing class which the Art Director holds no punches when it comes to critiques.

However, after you completed all five art classes, most of the stuff that students will be dealing with will be more on the digital stuff--- it's up to the student if he/she would still want to hone one's skills by sitting in in any of the previous classes which what I'm doing right now.

I know for certain that I will continue doing the traditional method and will pay the same attention in doing the digital stuff like Photoshop, Painter, Maya and the works. The more program that a budding texture artists knows, the better. Same thing applies for the aspiring Concept Artists.


I don't want to be just a "good" artist... I want to be an awesome artiste instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment